Your home is a place for making memories with your family and loved ones. As your own personal place, you have full control over the design and function of each room which means you have the opportunity to add your creative touch. Aside from the usual routine of choosing swatches and decorative knick-knacks, there are a few other aspects you have to consider in interior design:
These factors are what make an area inviting, providing ease and comfort to your family and guests. Your preferred window installation must be aligned with the room’s function.
Choosing a bay window, for example, will help bring cool air and ample lighting into a room and make it an enjoyable place to spend time in.
Your selections must always complement the room’s purpose and overall design. Redesigning your home and adding a few touches here and there should be an enjoyable experience even when you’ll be making both big and small changes to your home.
Our team at Saddle River Window Installation will make things easier for you.
What is a Bay Window?
A bay window is a window installation that protrudes from the exterior of the house. It creates a cozy recess in a room’s corner. With a large center usually coupled with two other windows angled on either side, this type of window installation allows residents a good view of the outside, and limits any outsider's view of the inside. At times bay windows are from the floor to the ceiling, as pictured here, or may be off the floor, in the style of a seated area. This is where you want to go to enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the outside, while enjoying your morning cup of coffee.
Commonly seen in sprawling mansions and grand churches, bay windows date back to medieval times. Because of its large dimensions and dramatic silhouette, these windows were used as more of an ornament instead of a simple, organic part of the home. Bay windows were such a tasteful addition to home decor that most residents caught on and adopted the trend. It became a symbol of culture and status and was so deeply accepted and appreciated that it carried over to the early English Renaissance.
Benefits of a Bay Window
Stretching from one end of a wall to another giving the impression of a sweeping room, bay windows are a hint of what the homeowner is like: cultured, artistic, meticulous. As an eye-catching adornment in an otherwise ordinary room, this window type adds intrigue, flair, and value to a home.
- Conceptualized and adapted during the medieval era until the early English Renaissance, bay windows hold great historical value, altering any ordinary home into an abode coupled with fragments of the past centuries.
- This window installation perfectly highlights the focal part of any room which ranges from dining areas, sitting areas, home offices, or lounge spaces.
- Able to add visual appeal to any room, bay windows come in four different styles:
- The Oriel Bay is designed to be placed over the entrance of buildings and homes and is usually supported by stone.
- The Box Bay, as its namesake states, is a box-shaped design consisting of three windowpanes. These windows are accompanied with cushioned seats, allowing you to position yourself comfortably for relaxation with a view.
- The Bow Bay type has a gentle curve and is a combination of four or more windows, forming an arch.
- The Circle Bay is larger than most and is by far the best choice for homeowners who seek natural lighting and a constant breeze. It also comes with that unmistakable Victorian flair which is a definite plus.
- Having bay windows in your home means good ventilation is a guarantee, making the room a healthy and comfortable space for yourself and your loved ones. This lessens your electricity consumption seeing as how you don’t need to turn on fans and airconditioners as often, especially during the summer months.
- Natural light can stream through the windows and will brighten up a room instantly. It will help you save space and cost you less for lighting - truly energy efficient. Saddle River Window Installation has a team of experts that provide window repair and window replacement services. We can help you achieve the well-lit, breezy, area you need for your home and make it a hassle-free process for you.
- Well-placed bay windows instantly add appeal to any home, giving your property increased value.
- This popular window installation also serves as a safer alternative to balconies, which is especially favorable for those with children and pets. It allows residents to enjoy the outside view with decreased risk: intruders, pollution, rodents, etc.
Does Your Bay Window Need Glass Repair?
Slight dents and other damages can manifest on your furniture and windows over time. These are usually due to natural causes and most of these flaws can easily be fixed - it could be something as minor as a chipped paint job or rusty hinges. Then there are accidents that inflict major damage on your window like for example, a ball thrown at full force, leaving cracks on the surface or worse, shattering the glass completely. It would be unfortunate to seal the area through quick-fixes such as taping a piece of paper over the damage or attempt any do-it-yourself window installation.
The best solution is to call for professional help - it will save you the hassle and have your window good as new in no time. Saddle River Window Installation can readily assist you with all your window repair and window replacement needs. Do away with the hassles of detaching old bay windows and having new ones installed by letting a trusted company take care of it for you.
Cracked Window Panes
Cracked windows are usually caused by objects thrown with force. It could be because of the playful children in your neighborhood, or the ones in your home that get carried away. Sometimes, it is something as unavoidable as thermal stress cracks. These occur in windows when a sudden increase in temperature causes the glass to expand.
Broken Window Panes
Impact breakage is the most common cause for broken window panes. When your windows’ parts are intact but the panes are completely shattered, it is advisable to have it replaced immediately. It is quite dangerous to leave broken windows as is - your family members could hurt themselves from shards of glass. Luckily, help is only a phone call away. Saddle River Window Installation can take care of your window repair and window replacement needs.
Need A New Bay Window?
You might have moved into a brand-new home, or into one that’s already been furnished. You may also be inspired to do an overhaul by redecorating the entire place. Regardless of the reason, part of the process includes assessing the treatments that need to be done on each area of the house, including windows and doors. Saddle River Window Installation can provide assessment and excellent service for your window repair and window replacement concerns. If some natural and/or unavoidable circumstances have damaged these crucial parts of your home, you don’t need to worry. There are ways to resolve these problems, all at your convenience.
How to Choose the Right Windows
You have complete reign over how you want your home to look, which means you have a clear idea of what each room is for and what materials and furniture go with each. A living room, for example, would need more ventilation and light as it is the area for entertaining guests and spending quality time with your family. This is where window installation ideas come in. There are many options to choose from; you just have to identify which type works best. A spacious wall area can be used for bay windows, allowing your room to breathe. This particular type will keep the room cool with the outside breeze and well-lit through sunlight. It also adds a nice touch to your interior design. Choosing the right window type will help determine the look and feel you want a certain room to have.
Who You Can Call for Bay Windows Installation
Saddle River Window Installation, the number one provider of window services in New Jersey, can help make your home more beautiful than it already is. We can install all window types from leading brands, depending on your needs and preferences. We are licensed, insured, and recognized as the number one company in window repair, window replacement, basically all of your window installation related concerns. Our professionals can set up bay windows in your home, leaving your space with a polished, refreshing new look.